Saturday, December 18, 2010

Monster In Me:4

Sometimes I wonder to myself

Who will love me when I’m gone?

He answers – Snapping

Love? LOVE? What sort of wonder is that?

So I think it…For him

Who will miss me when I’m gone?

This time he scoffs

Miss? Really? High hopes we have

I don’t want to rewonder

But I see him laughing- Mocking

And I know he’s right

It’s too much to ask to be loved or missed

I realize my presence here is fruitless

There’s no one who cares enough to care

No one I’d even bother to ask

For fear of wasting their time

So with a tear trickling down my cheek

(a surprise for I had thought I was too numb to cry)

I wonder

Who will notice that I’m gone?

At this he maliciously smiles and replies

No one.

Because you are worthless

And I know this is true

No comments:

Post a Comment